Automatically change status to previous status

Shani Kovalsky May 13, 2019

I am configuring JSD automation. 

I am using a pretty complex workflow where there are few statuses that can be transitioned into "Waiting for customer" - for example, the ticket can be in one of the following statuses: "Waiting for tech support" / "waiting for finance support" 

and each of these will automatically be transitioned to "waiting for customer" when public comment is added, and I want to create an automation that will move the ticket back to the previous status if the customer is adding a comment. 

So, in case the ticket was in "Waiting for tech support" and then moved to "waiting for customer"- it will return to  "Waiting for tech support" when the customer adds a comment. But if it was originally in "waiting for finance support" it should return there. 

Is there a way to do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2019

Hi Shani,

Are you cloud or server?  If you have server, (might work on Cloud too), there is an app called Jira Misc workflow extension.  IT has a condition called "Previous status Condition".  So basically you put in several transitions "returning from customer" but with different previous status conditions and then that transition goes back to the correct transition.

We use that quite a bit when setting up "more information required" in our workflows.

Hope that helps

Susan

Shani Kovalsky May 15, 2019

Hi, 

Thank you for your help!

I am using server Jira, and I have the MISC workflow app. But from what I read in their documentation, that condition is letting you expose certain statuses based on their previous status. What I want to do is automatically move to the previous status when a customer responds. Is this possible? 

Thank you!

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

Hi,

Sorry, I missed the part where you want to do this automatically.  So depending on how your workflow is set up this could work.  In the JSD Automation in the condition use jql:

status was in ("name of previous status")

then use trigger to select the correct transition for sending back to that previous status.

Hope that helps

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events