Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Create Linked Issues

Harrison Hopkins March 21, 2018

I am looking into how I can automatically create linked issues in basic service desk, but am having some trouble.

In the article I am going to post below, I read that I can use the automation custom rules to have linked issues automatically created, but I am failing to find that option. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/12/automatically-create-linked-issues-from-new-requests

In this blog post, it shows the admin selecting "Create Issue" under the "THEN" section. I am not at all able to find that setting. 

I am operating service desk on a local server, and am at version 3.11.0. Maybe the blog post was just a really well written joke, but I surely hope not!

Thanks for any help!

2 answers

1 vote
Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Hello,

For similar linked ticket creation requirement I used Script runner for Jira and used the scripted out of box post function "“Clones an issue, and links".

This was easy to set up and required no complex coding knowledge too.

Alright, this looks to be my most promising option! 

I will look for some documentation on Script Runner and specifically for "Cloning an issue, and links." 

Thank you kindly!

Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

You are awesome, thanks! :D

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2018

I was able to create a rule like this in JSD Cloud, and the article you linked did look like server. I'm poking around to see what I can turn up. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2018

Can you send a snip of your rule in its current state (without the Then statement)?

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 12.12.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-21 at 12.13.35 PM.pngHere you are! I was wondering if my "IF" statement being different had something to do with it? But would that require me create a new "IF" statement?

Thank you so much for the help!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2018

I just looked at the article again and it says cloud only. Bummer!

I also confirmed by testing in Server that isn't in there. 

Like Vladimir Taranchenko likes this

Ah, looks like I missed that. Thanks a whole lot though!

bneuberg August 19, 2019

It's 2019 and we still do not have this functionality on Jira Server

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events