Automatic email reminders

Brüse, Bernhard July 31, 2018

Hi there,

soon, we will implement a self service portal via JIRA SD for vacation requests and other things including a supervisor approval. As a admin, I like to implement a email reminder for pending approvals which should be sent via JIRA SD notification to the approver if a request is still open after 3 days. I had the idea to define a Automation rule with the following configuration:

• WHEN > Approval required
  • IF > Issue matches: status = "Waiting for Approval" AND updated <= -3d
  • THEN > Send email to approvers

Unfortunately, it does not work. Do you have any idea, why not? Or do you even have a better idea for implementation?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Bernhard

2 answers

0 votes
Brüse, Bernhard July 31, 2018

Hi Raynard,

thank you for your reply.

The log only says that the rule was "NOT EXECUTED" for the last requests. Unfortunately, it does not serve more information.

I will try to change the condition from "More than 3 days" to "In range of 3 days". Maybe, this works.

Regards!

0 votes
Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

The only thing I can see is there is a -3d instead of just 3d.

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

Can you check the automation logs?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events