Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic approval puts request into waiting for customer status

Alison Files August 20, 2018

I have requests set up so that if they need approval the approver can reply to an email with approve/decline.  If they approve with "approve" then the request automatically goes to "waiting for customer"  I have tried to add an automation rule that automatically approves and puts the request into "waiting for support" but it's not working.  I have when comment added then if status = "waiting for approval" and comment contains "approve" then "auto-approve" and transition status to "waiting for support".  The auto-approve works but it still transitions to "waiting for customer" Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2018

You have a rule already to automatically go to "Waiting for Customer" when the approver approves the request. But instead of going to "Waiting for Customer" you want it to go to "Waiting for Support". Am I understanding that properly?

I want the request to go to "Waiting for Support" instead of "Waiting for Customer" but when I add that rule it doesn't work. I didn't create a rule for it to go to "Waiting for Customer" - it does that automatically.  I'm wondering if it is because of the "Transition on Comment" rule which states "when a comment is added to an issue, this rule automatically transitions the issue so it's clear who it's waiting on".

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2018

Hmm, I see. We need to identify what rule is causing it to transitoin to "Waiting for Customer". Is there a comment being added that would cause it to go into "Waiting for Customer"? Do you only use the built-in Project Automation or do you have a plug-in?

We are using the Jira automation plug in.  The only rule I can think of that would get in the way is the Transition on Comment rule.  If a user comments it goes into "Waiting for Support" and if support comments it goes into "Waiting for Customer".

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2018

View the logs of that automation and see where it has been successful.

2018-08-20_16-23-36.png

The Transition on Comment rule is running successfully and changing the status to "Waiting for Customer".  That means an email is going out from the service desk to the customer - does it automatically send an email when the request is approved?  That would cause the transition.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events