Automatic Issue Assign

Karthik Mohan December 13, 2017

I would like to assign my newly created issue to a particular person based on the user picker filed value.

In my workflow, when a person creates a new issue he choose a person using the user picker field for approval. I would like to auotmate the issue assignment, by automatically assinging the issue to the user picker filed value.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Hi Karthik,

you have to copy the value of the user picker field to the assignee field with the workflow post function "Copy Value from Other Field".

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thanks Thomas.

It worked.

Is there any way to restrict the user list for the user picker filed.

For example i have 50 people in my organisation. But i dont all the 50 members on the user filed . I just need 20 people who can approve.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Of course, you have to 

• create a new group in Jira
  • add your 20 people to this group
  • add this group as a user filter to your custom field configuration:

image.png

could you please elaborate on the last point "user Filtering"

thanks Thomas. I got it.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2017
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2017

You're welcome :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events