Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated process for File uploads in JIRA

surendra raju February 3, 2014

Hi Mates,

I am new to JIRA. I need all your help to automate the process.

we are copying csv files from emails to Unix server (where JIRA is running)

Then opening the JIRA console and external import and giving teh path of teh file and template and uploading it. It will show the number of records updated.

Could you please let me knwo is there any way we can run any UNIX or windows script to upload the csv files JIRA and get a File row count.

Cheers

2 answers

1 vote
surendra raju February 4, 2014

Thanks for the reply. But we are using JIRA Version - JIRA 3.13.2-#335. JIRA CLI will work from version 5 onwards. Is there any other way that i can make this work for my version?

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2014

JIRA Command Line Interface has addAttachment to add attachments to issues or if the csv file represents JIRA issues, then runFromCsv. It wasn't clear what you meant by file row count.

surendra raju February 5, 2014

Thanks for the reply. But we are using JIRA Version - JIRA 3.13.2-#335. JIRA CLI will work from version 5 onwards. Is there any other way that i can make this work for my version?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2014

That is a very old JIRA version :(. addAttachment may still work. You might have to use a much earlier version. Another option is to directly use SOAP add attachment service.

Damir Suljkic October 11, 2017

Followup Question: Can you use JIRA Command Line when using JIRA over a web interface?

I would like to try the addAttachment for my issues and folders (Structure), but I am not the administrator atm, yet I have to establish a folder for users that auto-uploads their pdfs to specific issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events