Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Issue Creation from Email Causing endless loop

Quick Question July 25, 2019

So we have our email set up so that if anyone emails our support address it automatically generates the JIRA ticket based on the email. That's all working great. The problem comes when communicating with another automated support system. They create a ticket, this generates a ticket for us, there is then an autoresponse back to them, this then generates a new ticket in their system which creates an autoresponse back to us and so on and so on, till we fill up with dozens of tickets before someone catches it. 

I'd like to be able to simply tell JIRA not to generate a new ticket from email when the subject contains "filter here". 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Quick Question August 2, 2019

I found the answer I was looking for as a setting under JIRA Settings-> System ->Incoming Mail as a setting called Message Threshold. I set it to 5. I could probably lower it further

0 votes
Roman Kersky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2019

Hi, you can try to configure email address for another automated support system. Create the rule - delete all emails from jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events