Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto transition from waiting for customer to assign to engineer once reporter comment on ticket

Abhijit Kirdat October 13, 2017

Auto transition from waiting for customer to assign to engineer once reporter comment on ticket

1 answer

0 votes
JIRA Trainer October 13, 2017

I assume "assign to engineer" is a status in your workflow.

The transition can be setup in the service desk automation settings.

Full explanation can be found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver038/automating-your-service-desk-935909299.html

Abhijit Kirdat October 13, 2017

Can we perform this with Post function ???

JIRA Trainer October 13, 2017

I do not think post function will work because the post function will only be activated when the workflow transition happen. You need a trigger event to make the transition. From what I understand you want to make the status transition when a comment is added.

There is a template available to auto transition when comment is added - see attached screen. (service desk server 3.8.1, should be the same on cloud)

JSD Automation Example.GIF

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2017

@JIRA Trainer is correct. You should use the Transition on Comment and either refactor it to meet your needs or copy it if you are using that rule already. This should be quite straight forward to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events