Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-reply when a customer is not signed up

Keith Wallace November 12, 2017

Is there a way to auto-reply with  customized template if a customer sent an email request to the service desk email but the account is not yet created? 

Also is to possible to create notification, so that such requests can be tracked and followed up if required?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2017

Hello, 

You could do it the following way

1. You would need to create a custom email handler and put all your logic there. You can find tutorial here

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/email/tutorial-custom-message-mail-handler-for-jira

2. You could use Email this issue plugin. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.jira.plugin.emailissue/cloud/overview

3. Use any other email handling plugins. There several like this in marketplace. 

Jerry Ryan Ishmael November 12, 2017

@Keith and @Alexey Matveev,

You are both missing some vital information to the readers here. Particularly:

* Cloud or Server?

* JSD or JIRA? (this being posted in the JSD threads, I assume this is for JSD???)

I can add that I am on JSD cloud and do not believe the mail handler option would work for service desks that do not have an 'open' mailbox. i.e. only portal customers can email the service desk and respond via email or portal.

Keith Wallace November 12, 2017

We are evaluating both options. Cloud and Server. Only registered users should be able to use the portal and send email requests. But we want to send a reply to unregistered contacts, to inform them that they must have a valid account.

Jerry Ryan Ishmael November 13, 2017

I have been playing around with these configuration possibilities as well and have not been successful. I believe that the JSD environment 'turns off' mailing capabilities altogether unless it is available to 'anyone can email'.

Unless I am missing some workaround using the mail handler ?(which Atlassian recommends not to)

Yoav Amitai July 5, 2020

@Keith did you found any way to solve this issue?

Keith Wallace July 5, 2020

I did not follow up, as we went with Salesforce Service Console. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events