Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-populate email on Widget

Administrator January 11, 2018

I am looking to implement the widget option, but have a couple of queries:

1) How to get the email to auto-populate for a logged-in user? I have a standard web application, where-in the user needs to login to get into the main functionality. Once logged in, the user should not have the need to fill in the email again on the Jira widget? How can this be achieved?

2)Also, if there any way to call the widget from a custom button rather than the floating default button?

3 answers

4 votes
Matthew Willcock January 13, 2018

I've been looking through the documentation for exactly the same functionality but can't see anything, seems like a pretty basic piece of functionality to have.

0 votes
wogan-amberstone May 13, 2020

I have this exact same request. I'd like to use the issue collector in a customer-facing product, but it will require their logged-in email to be automatically populated. I've used other web-based IM tools that let you run a piece of Javascript on the page to force the value in - is that not possible here?

0 votes
Martin Lhotak February 12, 2020

Did anyone find an answer to this question? I am just rolling out Support and this will be a helpful feature. Ideally, our application can include in the embedded script a default user email so it comes up pre-filled when the users clicks the widget icon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events