Auto Setting the Approver as the Reporter for Customer Acceptance

Stephen Schaefer July 7, 2017

I seem to being having issues setting the Approver as the Reporter as these are different data types and casting is most likely needed.  Does anyone have a Scriptrunner example that does something like this?  Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

I someone ask me a similar question at Summit. Basically, JIRA Service Desk's Approvers field takes a list of ApplicationUser objects. To put the reporter in the Approvers field, you'd just need to put it in the list. Something like:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager
def approversField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find{ it.name == "Approvers" }
def userManager = ComponentAccessor.userManager
issue.setCustomFieldValue(approversField, [issue.reporter])
0 votes
Aidan Derossett [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

Hey Stephen!

I could come up with an example for you really quick if you are able to give me juat a little bit more context.

When are you wanting this assignment to occur? When an issue has been created or when it has been closed out, etc...? Try to elaborate on your specific scenario. :)

Additionally, what two data types are you expecting from each of these fields?

Thanks!                                                                                                     Aidan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events