Auto Setting the Approver as the Reporter for Customer Acceptance

I seem to being having issues setting the Approver as the Reporter as these are different data types and casting is most likely needed.  Does anyone have a Scriptrunner example that does something like this?  Thanks.

2 answers

Hey Stephen!

I could come up with an example for you really quick if you are able to give me juat a little bit more context.

When are you wanting this assignment to occur? When an issue has been created or when it has been closed out, etc...? Try to elaborate on your specific scenario. :)

Additionally, what two data types are you expecting from each of these fields?

Thanks!                                                                                                     Aidan

I someone ask me a similar question at Summit. Basically, JIRA Service Desk's Approvers field takes a list of ApplicationUser objects. To put the reporter in the Approvers field, you'd just need to put it in the list. Something like:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager
def approversField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find{ it.name == "Approvers" }
def userManager = ComponentAccessor.userManager
issue.setCustomFieldValue(approversField, [issue.reporter])

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

35,716 views 13 39
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you