Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Close Service Desk Tickets With No Response

William Roush February 3, 2015

Atlassian currently auto-closes tickets after 10 days, is there a way we can do that on our service desk?

6 answers

3 votes
Oliviu Nita December 2, 2015

Hello all,

I have struggled without succes to activate auto close feature so....Someone please tell me the JQL expression for:

IF ticket Resolved AND not commented for 72h THEN Close ticket

A VERY BIG Thank's smile

1 vote
Mehmet AYDIN December 18, 2018

It is Possible , Jira service desc Automation, see the screenshot

Automation.png

0 votes
Manish Arya July 29, 2015

Hi Richard,

What Actions have you selected to Close the issue ? So far its not working for me.

Roman Baranov November 27, 2015

I would like to know that to please. Im able to close it, but not able to set resolution.

Like Mehmet AYDIN likes this
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2015

I see the following fields in our JIRA 6.4 automation screen. In Automation 'Add Actions' step Choose Action : Transition Issue Action Workflow Transition : Close Issue (or whatever transition leads to close state in your workflow) Transition Fields : Resolution=... (provided you have screen tied to your closing transition with Resolution on it)

Like Mehmet AYDIN likes this
0 votes
Manish Arya July 29, 2015

Hi Richard,

Can you share the configuration that you have done to close the issue ?

0 votes
Richard Saffell February 11, 2015

I was able to create an Auto-Close with the Automation plug-in.  We chose to create a new status of Pending Closure.  We have one rule that finds Issues that haven't been updated in 3 days:

project = "RescueGroups.org Support" AND status = "Waiting for customer" and updatedDate < "-3d"

And adds a comment to the effect of "we're going to close this issue in 48 hours if we don't hear from you" and it changes the Status to Pending Closure.

Then we have a second Automation Rule that looks for Issues in the pending Status and closes them:

project = "RescueGroups.org Support" AND status = "Pending Closure" and updated < "-2d"

We've just started using it, but so far (and in our tests) it's worked fine.

Sai Saveen Aminigadda February 20, 2019

@Richard Saffell  Could you please explain me how to write this script in automation. I need to create same thing. 

Richard Saffell February 21, 2019

I'm sorry, but I don't have any additional information than what I posted back in 2015.  We discontinued use of the Service Desk shortly after and went with another solution due to all of the problems we were facing.

Like Dhavval Aarya likes this
0 votes
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

Service Desk has JIRA project assigned to it. You can use JIRA Automation plugin to configure periodic task which accepts JQL as a filter. You can write your JQL to search for issues in Service Desk project which were resolved 10 days ago (or whatever rule you want) and then as an action in the Automation task you created you can close these tickets. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events