• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Attach incoming mails as attachments

Hi,

I created a new project and activated under project settings the Email requests function. The function is working already and creates for a incoming e-mail an new issue, with the e-mail body as description and attachments as attachments of the issue. Is there an option to attach the whole E-Mail as attachments additionally?

Thanks for your response in advance.

Best regards,

Basti

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Basti,

I searched for configuration and feature request related to this option but didn't find anything that could help us.
Just for us to better understand, can you please let us know more details about why this feature is important for your environment? Then, we can create a feature request for this option.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica,

Thanks for the response.

There are 2 separate thinks:

1. I use jira also for collecting documents (like invoices, etc), after a workflow I export the issue to confluence. So, I would attach the original e-mail invoice to the issue and save them to confluence, like a DMS. There is also a second open point, how I can merge 2 issues to 1 (for examples: invoice and paypal payment confirmation, are 2 separate e-mails, but I want to save it together.). I think confluence with ocr is a nice little dms for me at extension to classical wiki, or do you have a better option/idea for me?
  2. If we have some discussion because of our invoice with the customer it would be better to have the original e-mail, form witch we started the support case.

So, for these 2 points (I think there are even more) it would be great, if this option would be available.

Regards,

Basti

Currently, the option to merge issues is not available, but we have a feature request suggesting the implementation if this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-3592
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Related to attach the original email, I found a feature request suggesting this and added the link to this question for our dev team to check:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-42402

For now, it would be necessary to manually attach the email to the ticket.

Like # people like this

Thanks for the response. i vote both up and will watch them :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Mindville Insight users, we need your help! (there might be swag involved)

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials and we want to hear from you!  ...

296 views 4 6
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you