Attach Files and download

Javier Castro July 19, 2017

Hi!

When I attach a file to an issue, my client can not download it from the service desk.

Can you help me?

4 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2017

After attaching a file in JSD I make it visible to the customer in a comment by using this for a download link:

[^filename]

or this for an embedded thumbnail:

!filename|thumbnail!

As a heads up, JIRA 6.4.x has passed end of life status and is no longer eligible for standard support other than upgrade assistance. Please see Atlassian Support End of Life Policy.

Javier Castro July 24, 2017

And how can I download it?, because I only see it as a comment and not as a link

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Javier,

The attachment needs to be added in a public comment for the customer to see it.

It is in a public comment...

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

ok, the filename has non-standard characters? sometimes i have problems with the ! due to the fact that is used by jira

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2017

which version of jira are you using? can you print the error that appears from the portal?

Javier Castro July 20, 2017

We are using 6.4.2. There is no error message, and it allows me to attach the file but then my client can not see that attachment on the service desk.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2017

It's strange Javier, you're doing everything fine, i think you need to contact support.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2017

i haven't played much with attachments in awhile but just a question....

Do you have attachment field visable for the issue type in the portal?

project>project settings> request types - request type, edit fields

Yes, its visable.

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2017

Did you share the document file with the customer? What sort of attachment was it? PDF, excel, word..? Any sort of error message? 

It was a PDF File. I attach the document in the issue, but my client does not receive it in service desk. There was no error message. How can i share the document, do i have to do anything special?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events