It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Assigning people (Agents) to the task in HD

There is an issue with assigning people to tasks in Jira Service Desk Project.

When an admin or agent tries to assign someone in the field person assigned for a specific task , the field does not get updated. It turns back to the previous value. 

That created a problem where team cannot assign people to the task they need to take care of.

Could you please advise what can cause such problem?

Thank you, 

Agnieszka Machielse

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Agnieszka,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know if it shows any error when changing the assignee.

Can you please open the developer tools on your browser and check on the Console tab if it shows any error while following those steps?

Also, can you check the history tab on the ticket if the change is stored? Does it show that the issue was assigned to someone and then changed again? 

I'm asking this because it can be related to some automation that is automatically changing the assignee.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

[New Resource] The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to A...

348 views 4 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you