Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning customer as responsible for a step in a workflow

Rinju Mukherjee August 7, 2017

Dear Experts,

In the JIRA Service Desk, I am trying to define a workflow for a customer incident. However all the actions/steps seem to be driven only from our side and not from customer side. 

For example, when a solution is provided to the customer, only customer should be able to confirm the solution or re-open it. But i could not able to find any such option. Re-open option is available for an agent but it should be available at customer's side. 

How can I define a workflow for incident management, where I can mark or assign certain steps to customer as Responsible?

Do let me know in case you need further information from my side.

Thanks

Rinju

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2017

@Rinju Mukherjee, for the reopen piece you can expose a link on the for this purpose. On the reopen transition in the workflow editor you can expose to the portal. For the customer confirmation piece you can replicate the default automation where the agent can respond to customer moving the issue to the Waiting for Customer and when they reply it moves back to Waiting for support. For example, you could create a new status called "Customer Approval" with a transtion of "Request Approval" and an automation rule that would have a canned comment "Your issue has been resolved. Please review the solution and let us know if we can proceed with closing." The automation rule would be similar to the one for Waiting for Support <--> Waiting Customer.

Let me know if this does not make sense or is not what you are looking for.

Rinju Mukherjee August 7, 2017

Hello Jack,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i am looking for this only. Let me try out your suggestation. In case i need further help, I will let you know.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Rinju

Rinju Mukherjee August 8, 2017

Hi Jack,

I could able to to configure reopen scenario. Thank a million for your help. Now i will proceed with other use cases. I will let you know if i could able to configure it or I need further help from you.

Thanks

Rinju

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

Great! If everything works out please accept the answer so the discussion can assist others in the future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events