Assignee restriction to only see his department/component related calls in Queues ??

Abhijit Kirdat September 29, 2017

Currently we have multiple service group/Component/Department configured in JIRA service desk and also configured Queues which display how many calls are pending with each department but we want to restrict this Queues for assignee and they should only be able to see his own department/component related calls.

Please help / suggest solution on this.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

You could also consider separate project w/ the necessary permissions. I doubt this is what you would want but it is an option.

Abhijit Kirdat November 9, 2017

No.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

I assume you have found an acceptable solution at this point or accepted the limitation?

Abhijit Kirdat November 9, 2017

Not i have not yet received solid answer. Currently any team member can seen all tickets and we dont want to give this privilege.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2017

Please vote for and watch JSDSERVER-366 or the cloud counterpart as @Andy Heinzer mentioned. 

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi Abhijit,

At the moment, this isn't something JSD can do natively right now.  By design, the project queues are expected to be viewable by all Agents in that project.  As such there is no mechanism within Jira natively to restrict the queues themselves.  There is an open feature request to address this kind of functionality in JSDSERVER-366.  I would recommend watching/voting on that issue if this is something you would like to see in future revisions of Jira Service Desk.

In the meantime, there does appear to be a 3rd party plugin that might be of some help here.  I'd recommend checking out the add-on: Queues for JIRA Service Desk

I believe that this plugin would be able to fulfill the kind of queue restrictions I think you are wanting to implement here.

Regards,
Andy

Abhijit Kirdat October 11, 2017

Thanks for your suggestion but can we do some filtering or some scripting through which we restrict the access of queues of logged in user to it's own department tickets.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2017

Hi,

You could use the Issue Security Scheme to perhaps restrict by Department.

Cheers,

Abhijit Kirdat October 16, 2017

Let me try your suggestion !!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events