Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a Project Lead, I can see queues, but others, even administrators, cannot.

Joshua Cotterell February 27, 2020

When I created a test project for myself, I, as the Project Lead, can see queues in the left sidebar. When another person, who is also a Jira Administrator, and by default, added to all projects created in our instance, looked at the project, he was not able to see the queues. His left sidebar contained significantly less information. Is this a default setting that can be changed? We would like Project Leads to be able to delegate work to Administrators, but if they can't see the whole project, that is a problem.

2 answers

0 votes
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Hi Joshua_Cotterell

The functionality of the queues is exclusively for users licensed by Jira service Desk.
For this, the user must have the jira-service-desk-user group or be in the role of the Service Desk Team project.

You can check the user to see if those who do not see the queues have a service desk license. This should look like this:

Captura de Pantalla 2020-02-27 a la(s) 16.44.52.png

Without that license they will not be able to see the queues or interact with customers.

Regards!

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2020

Do they not have the queues or is there just on the top the "switch queues" option?

Also double check what application access they have compared to you. 

Queues is something very specific to Service Desk so users with only Software access (even admins) might not see it, they require Service Desk Appliation access.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events