Are there any Service Desk automation add-ons or open source projects?

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

I'm trying to find out if there are any add-ons or open source projects that would extend the automation rules in Service Desk. I love the concept but I'm finding the available functionality to be quite limiting.

I don't mind trying my own hand at writing something but wanted to see what else existed - if anything - before I did.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2016

@Colin Goudie ... well, I was sort of hoping to avoid having to write it myself smile. The tutorial is good but I was rather hoping that the automation flexibility in Service Desk might have encouraged third parties to come up with some add-ons.

Colin Goudie July 6, 2016

Ah my bad. Yes I see what you mean. I think the extension points for JSD are very new. Do you have anything specific in mind?

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2016

I had a few in mind like:

• When a given request type is created, or if a request changes to a given request type, add one or more specific people as request participants.
  • More flexible alerting for business critical requests. I.e. not just adding a comment to the request but sending an email or an SMS.

The new webhook functionality might make it easier for me to write functionality like this though ... once it makes it through to the Server product smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events