Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Automations Free in Jira Service Desk?

John Sayers January 28, 2020

I know for Jira software you have to install and pay for add-on tools but looks like automations are free in Jira Service Desk, can anyone confirm that for me please?

Thanks,

John.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Hi @John Sayers 

Automation LITE for Jira, is a free add-on and imo is better than the automation built into Jira Service Desk. 

-Mike

Thanks Mike, I'll definitely take a look.

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

I agree, but stay aware that there is a limit on the amount of rule executions with the free version though. :D

And that the plugin will become a built-in feature of Jira Cloud somewhere this year. I'm not sure if then will merge with the current automation in JSD or add to it. However, again, based on your cloud plan (free, standard or premium) the amount of rule executions will be limited.

Like John Sayers likes this
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

Hi @Jorden Van Bogaert 

Well, you are right! There is a 500 rule execution limit per month, but that is ample for what we use it for and it is a great tool to learn on and is by far 500 times better than the built-in Jira automation. I don't think the paid version is worth it at $2.50/user/month and I do hope at some point Jira gets this added... but the chances are slim to none because $2.50 is way better for Atlassian than FREE. 

Like Jorden Van Bogaert likes this
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

Hi @Mike Bowen 

Atlassian already announced that Jira automation will be default integrated with Jira Cloud, so the add-on itself will disappear. The rule limit will then be based on the plan (free, standard or premium). I don't know if all rules from the paid version will remain, but the add-on itself should disappear from the marketplace if I understood the announcement correctly.

Like # people like this
baraaabbas February 6, 2020

Hi - do you know when this will be implemented? Trying to use the add-on and now I'm thinking just to wait. Do you have time frame?

Thank you 

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2020

Hi @baraaabbas 

There is no timeframe available yet, but we can expect it this year still. However, if you are using the add-on, your implementation will automatically be converted so you don't lose anything when it becomes a buil-in feature I believe.

Like baraaabbas likes this
baraaabbas February 7, 2020

Thank you sir. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

Hi @John Sayers 

The built-in automation for Jira Service Desk is currently free.

Kind regards
Jorden

Thanks Jorden.

Like Jorden Van Bogaert likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events