cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Button in Service Desk Portal: How to improve Feedback

Jens Kisters __SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2018

Hello,

it seems that when a supervisor approves a request in the portal it not clear to the user that his approval was accepted by the system

The fact that the approve button remains on the page makes many users click it again because they think there was a problem.

It seems writing a comment is not clear enough.

This happens when there are multiple persons that need to a approve.

Is there a way do hide / disable the button once it has been clicked?

kind regards

Jens

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2018

Hi Jens,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, can you please let us know if the users (if they have permission) also see the option to approve when searching for issues on Issues and filters?
Does it show on the customer portal on "Requests" the ticket was already approved?

Regards,
Angélica

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

Hi Angelica,

the problem appeared in the portal, the button shows if the request already was approved by the current user (but not yet by others).

kind regards

Jens

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2018

Hi Jens,

I've tried to reproduce this issue on my local environment, but after approving the ticket, the button disappeared.
The only information that still shows that the ticket is pending is on the profile:

Screenshot 2018-12-17_17-26-45.png

Can you please check if this issue is happening on all browsers?
Is it happening with all approvers?
Have you tested adding you as an approver?

This will help us to understand to try to replicate this problem to confirm if it may be a bug.

Regards,
Angélica

Marcus Nowak December 18, 2018

Hello Angélica,

the problem appears in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE11 and it happens to any approver (with or without ServiceDeskLicence). I tested it, with myself in an issue (generated an by me and me as an approver).

As Jens discribes, we only notice this problem, if there are more than one supervisor until every party made a decission.

Best regards,

Marcus

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2018

Hi Angelica,

as we are experiencing a behaviour different from the one on your test system should we maybe open up a support ticket for this problem?

kind regards

Jens

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
December 21, 2018

Hi Jens and Marcus,

To further investigate this issue, I've opened a ticket with our support.
Then we can check logs and also you can send us screenshots of the workflow configuration, so we can better understand what is happening in order to fix the issue.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events