Apply certain fields to certain issue ticket types for Agents Edited

Hi All, I am aware that the customer portal can be made to only show end users only specific fields and hidding others. My question is from the perspective of a Service Desk Agent creating tickets from within the agent web console. Let's say I have a project with 30 custom fields and 3 issue types (Request, Change, and Issue). Some of my 30 custom fields may only be used for change tickets and some may only be used for issue tickets. When an IT agent creates a ticket is there a way in the create ticket menu to only display certain fields that only apply to those ticket categories? 

Capture.PNG

2 answers

0 vote
Susan Hauth Community Champion May 24, 2017

I would recommend that you have different screen schemes for the different issue types that would show only the fields pertinent to the issue type. 

We made new schemes and that seems to have done it. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

427 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you