Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get satisfaction information from the rest API for Jira Service Desk?

jniquet_rodeofx July 26, 2018

Hi,

i'm trying to use the jira service desk rest api to retrieve the satisfaction information for a request (star value and comment). Unfortunately, looking thru the rest api and what my requests are returning, I've been unable to find any field related to satisfaction value or satisfaction comments. 

Am I blinded or I cannot access these fields thru the API?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
jniquet_rodeofx July 26, 2018

I was totally incorrect, the value is exposed thru the self rest link instead of id link.

Soved sorry!

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

@jniquet_rodeofx, I'm having the same problem... can you elaborate on where you found it? Thanks!

jniquet_rodeofx December 11, 2018

I've been able to make this half-work on our cloud instances but we recently switch to server and this is not working on server, the comments/ratings are not exposed through the API.

See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4317 for further details (and a possible workaround if you're fine with using scripts ran thru a third party plugins).

As for cloud, i was able to get the stars ratings thru a specific custom fields (probably different on your side, {{issue.fields.customfield_11901.rating}} ) but i do not recall being able to get the comments themselves :(

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

Got it. Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2018

@jniquet_rodeofx - in case it helps you or anyone else, I think I was able to find the satisfaction ratings for Server using /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}.  Satisfaction is under a custom field. I found the exact field name for our instance by typing Satisfaction on the issue search screen in Jira and looking at the suggestions.

Of course the comments are still not exposed, and the Satisfaction values still need to be mapped to readable values

1= com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.customfields.feedback.RequestFeedbackCFValue@d29c0
2= com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.customfields.feedback.RequestFeedbackCFValue@d2f19
3= com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.customfields.feedback.RequestFeedbackCFValue@d3472
4= com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.customfields.feedback.RequestFeedbackCFValue@d39cb
5= com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.customfields.feedback.RequestFeedbackCFValue@d3f24
Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events