Any intent to support IE8 within JSD?

Ben Ford March 5, 2015

We have a service desk available to all our customers that is linked via both our web app and corp site. A large number of our users are in government offices with (very) strict limitations on their workstations. As such a lot of them are restricted to IE8.

Are atlassian planning on supporting IE8 in service desk? Or is using JSD for our product just not going to be a good fit?

At the moment, on visiting our portal we are just faced with a white page and no obvious activity.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2015

I don't usually like to answer "will Atlassian support X in the future" questions, because I can't be 100% sure that they will not change their mind.

On this one though, I know it's a "No".  There is no point coding for a browser that is at the end of its supportable life and won't be supported by MS at all in 10 months.  (Yes, I know, people use old systems.  The only useful thing to do here is to remind customers that they need to upgrade or migrate to supported systems)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events