Anonymous users - Presale question

George October 2, 2017

Hi,

We are looking for a web program for ticket support (10-25 agents).

We will choose between 2 programs, the first one is an opensource, the second one is Jira Service Desk.

Today i installed the 30 days server trial version, checked settings (many many options to change!!) but I as i was searching at google, i found some posts from 2015 and 2016, where users are complaining for the anonymous user functionality.

What we want to do is to be able to recieve emails as tickets. We have 3 web forms in our website (3 different emails) and we want guest users to send some info to these emails and we will reply/comment to them through Jira SD. Guest Users can reply to the ticket not only through service desk but also through their email. Same guest users can create a new ticket in the feature, again using our web forms in our website, not with forms of SD portal.

As i told you, I have read about problems with guests and ticket creation, please let me know if the problems that mentioned in the forum still exist.

Regards
George

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

What "problems"?  You'll need to be specific about what you've been reading. 

I don't see anything in your description that Jira Service Desk does not handle ok, although you will need to write code to connect your "web forms" to Service Desk.

George October 2, 2017
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

There wasn't a problem there, just people not quite understanding the access model for Service Desk, and the changes being made.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events