Anonymous Access for the Jira Service Desk

We currently use Zendesk, and I'd love to switch.   When I last trialed Service Desk it required a login to submit a support ticket.  Unfortunately if our users are required to create an account to submit tickets they won't do it.   Does the Service Desk now allow anonymous access?   Also do you tie in the confluence questions to the Service Desk?   Finally, any plans to integrate with Twilio?

2 answers

0 votes

No.  To use service desk, you have to log in some form, just so you can actually get feedback.  It needs to identify you.  Anonymous access to a service desk is actually useless - when you fix something, how do you tell the user if you don't know how to get hold of them?

But, since version 2, users do not need to be "full" JIRA users.  The portals allow them to access the issues with a minimal amount of contact detail.

It would if you had email or phone as a required field.  I just want the process to be as easy & pain free as possible.  

You might as well have a login if you're going to do that.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

247 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot