Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous Access for the Jira Service Desk

PixalereH September 4, 2015

We currently use Zendesk, and I'd love to switch.   When I last trialed Service Desk it required a login to submit a support ticket.  Unfortunately if our users are required to create an account to submit tickets they won't do it.   Does the Service Desk now allow anonymous access?   Also do you tie in the confluence questions to the Service Desk?   Finally, any plans to integrate with Twilio?

2 answers

0 votes
PixalereH September 4, 2015

It would if you had email or phone as a required field.  I just want the process to be as easy & pain free as possible.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2015

You might as well have a login if you're going to do that.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2015

No.  To use service desk, you have to log in some form, just so you can actually get feedback.  It needs to identify you.  Anonymous access to a service desk is actually useless - when you fix something, how do you tell the user if you don't know how to get hold of them?

But, since version 2, users do not need to be "full" JIRA users.  The portals allow them to access the issues with a minimal amount of contact detail.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events