Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow email update from non-Request Participant

Aaron Watkins November 21, 2017

In our current setup, if an email comes in for an existing ticket, but the sender is not the reporter and is not a request participant, we get the error "You do not have permission to view this attachment" and the email stops and is not added to the ticket.

Is there a way to set this up so that regardless if a user is the reporter or request participant, if the email has a valid ticket number, update the ticket with the email?

1 answer

1 vote
Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Hi Aaron,

You can email public email comments for Service Desk by going to:
Jira Administration(gear icon) -> Applications -> Jira Service Desk -> Email requests -> Select: Yes, allow non-customers and external people to comment on a request via email

After setting this up, emails which don't belong to a known user will show up in the ticket with a "No Access to Request" flag.

Hope this helps you get this working!

Best regards,
Brian

Aaron Watkins November 21, 2017

Thank you for your prompt response Brian! The instructions you provided are correct. My confusion was due to the fact that we did an upgrade to Jira recently that we had to roll back. This functionality was working (immediately after upgrade) and then not (after we rolled back), so I was at a loss. I should be good to go. Thanks again!

Aaron

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events