All service-desk-agents added to older service desks

Ed Martinez May 8, 2015

We previously went through a POC of service desk on 1.x, while it was good it didn't meet all our requirements and the plugin was disabled.   

Now, that we are on the latest version of service desk we are just about production ready.  We use our existing infrastructure for authentication (AD/LDAP).  All our agents are added to the service-desk-agents group in our user directory.  For the older service desks, every person in this group is added as agents to multiple service desks instead of allowing us to move them into their functional ones.  How can we fix that so there isn't any confusion for our agents?

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Clark August 4, 2015

did you create a new service desk project or apply it to existing project. I have experience permissions issues similar when JIRA upgraded my permissions scheme.   if you hover over the users it may tell you that permissions are granted by permission scheme.   this is likely caused by a group or roll that is providing members access opposed to individuals being added.

I ended up removing the groups and adding people individually to address the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events