Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent-based pricing for JIRA Service Desk Plugin

stuartpyoung May 12, 2014

I like the Service Desk plugin but the current user-based pricing model (requiring a new user for each Service Desk customer) doesn't work for the case where you want to support many external customers who might only use JIRA once. I read that Atlassian are considering offering it with agent-based pricing (pay for each JIRA user 'agent' who service the Service Desk customers). Did that go anywhere? It would be good to know if there is an Atlassian announcement coming up as I'm currently considering other options and would like to make a decision based on all the information.

5 answers

1 vote
stuartpyoung September 14, 2014

Thanks for the heads up, guys! Here's the answer to my question announced at the annual summit: $20/month for 3 agents and unlimited clients in the newly-released JIRA Service Desk 2.0 http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/09/introducing-jira-service-desk-2-0/  

Well done, Atlassian!

James Bunton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2014

Thanks, we're pretty excited about it too :)

1 vote
jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2014

New announcement at the Atlassian Summit. per agent pricing is alive and well.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2014

I've finally had time to ask my Atlassian rep, and no, you've not missed any announcements.

It is still something they know they need to address, but if there have been any decisions, they are not public yet, even with partners and experts.

As we're getting close to the annual Summit though, I wouldn't be surprised if something is announced, even if it's just a timescale.

0 votes
jay owen July 23, 2014

We're also waiting patiently on news on this. We have not heard anything yet. Have I missed an announcement anywhere?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2014

It's still working through the cogs apparantly. Not sure it will be exactly "agent based" though.

I keep meaning to ask my Atlassian rep about it - he said "soon" in February...

Dan Fernandez June 10, 2014

Has anyone heard about this? or is this still not he case?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2014

Still not there. I imagine we'll get something for summit at the latest, but I will try again to catch my rep.

Kieran Clarke July 7, 2014

Any further updates on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events