Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a reboot the Jira service will not start.

Samuel Yontz September 15, 2017

After a reboot the Jira service will not start. I am not sure what to check.  Can you please give me some things to try to get this server back online?

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Hi Samuel,

You will have to check the log file located in your JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file.

Before you do so, I suggest raising a technical support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Regards

Bhushan

I did try and it says that it is a starter license and I have to use the community. Pretty bad when the server wont start. I could so that with normal issues. Anyways here is the last bit of the logs.

2017-09-15 03:05:24,908 commons-pool-EvictionTimer WARN      [o.a.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource] An internal object pool swallowed an Exception.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Your Postgres database is not accepting connections. You need to update the confuguration to accept connections. 

ok. How can I do that? I am not familiar with that process.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
September 15, 2017

Ok so that is not the issue. I have looked for the file on the server and it does not exist. The server is a windows server but I did create one based on the sample and made the suggested change and still nothing. What else should I check?

Here is the full copy 2017-09-15 03:05:24,908 commons-pool-EvictionTimer WARN      [o.a.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource] An internal object pool swallowed an Exception.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:136)
 at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:64)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:123)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:28)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc3g.AbstractJdbc3gConnection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3gConnection.java:20)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:30)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.<init>(Jdbc4Connection.java:22)
 at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:391)
 at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:265)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:39)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:256)
 at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.create(GenericObjectPool.java:861)
 at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.ensureIdle(GenericObjectPool.java:920)
 at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.ensureMinIdle(GenericObjectPool.java:899)
 at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.BaseGenericObjectPool$Evictor.run(BaseGenericObjectPool.java:1036)
 at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
 at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
 at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
 at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:79)
 at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
 at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
 at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
 at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
 at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
 at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:538)
 at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:434)
 at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:211)
 at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.<init>(PGStream.java:60)
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:74)
 ... 16 more

Still looking for assistance. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2017

I am sorry that we cannot really help you.

You have set up a database for the application, which is the right thing to do, but you not set it up in a way that allows it to work.

You need to change the settings to allow the Atlassian application all access to the database it is going to be using as its datastore.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events