After a reboot the Jira service will not start.

After a reboot the Jira service will not start. I am not sure what to check.  Can you please give me some things to try to get this server back online?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Samuel,

You will have to check the log file located in your JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file.

Before you do so, I suggest raising a technical support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Regards

Bhushan

I did try and it says that it is a starter license and I have to use the community. Pretty bad when the server wont start. I could so that with normal issues. Anyways here is the last bit of the logs.

2017-09-15 03:05:24,908 commons-pool-EvictionTimer WARN      [o.a.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource] An internal object pool swallowed an Exception.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused.

Your Postgres database is not accepting connections. You need to update the confuguration to accept connections. 

ok. How can I do that? I am not familiar with that process.

Ok so that is not the issue. I have looked for the file on the server and it does not exist. The server is a windows server but I did create one based on the sample and made the suggested change and still nothing. What else should I check?

Here is the full copy 2017-09-15 03:05:24,908 commons-pool-EvictionTimer WARN      [o.a.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource] An internal object pool swallowed an Exception.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:136)
 at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:64)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:123)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:28)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc3g.AbstractJdbc3gConnection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3gConnection.java:20)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:30)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.<init>(Jdbc4Connection.java:22)
 at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:391)
 at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:265)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:39)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:256)
 at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.create(GenericObjectPool.java:861)
 at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.ensureIdle(GenericObjectPool.java:920)
 at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.ensureMinIdle(GenericObjectPool.java:899)
 at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.BaseGenericObjectPool$Evictor.run(BaseGenericObjectPool.java:1036)
 at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
 at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
 at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
 at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:79)
 at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
 at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
 at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
 at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
 at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
 at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:538)
 at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:434)
 at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:211)
 at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.<init>(PGStream.java:60)
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:74)
 ... 16 more

Still looking for assistance. 

I am sorry that we cannot really help you.

You have set up a database for the application, which is the right thing to do, but you not set it up in a way that allows it to work.

You need to change the settings to allow the Atlassian application all access to the database it is going to be using as its datastore.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

10,014 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you