Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Hours email

Kevin Decker November 5, 2017
Our desk is not open 24/7 so in on our current system we have a different email template that gets sent to the customer outside of businsss hours versus the one that is sent when we are operational. I’m going through the configuration for our Jira Service Desk and we’re looking for something that would give us the same/similar option. Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Kevin Decker November 6, 2017

Hi Susan, 

Thanks! Now to figure out why the 'Response Time' field is on our development configuration but not our production one..hmm

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

Response Time is just a name of a SLA.   IT's one of the out of the box ones, but you can certainly remove, rename, customize....

So maybe the development one was removed, renamed...

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

Hi Kevin,

Did you try using the Automation - Send Email for that scenario?

Susan

Kevin Decker November 6, 2017

Hi Susan, 

I looked in Automation for that and I'm sure that would work but how would I be able to have it look at the Calendar?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2017

Hi Kevin,

So Trigger would be issue created.  You would need to have a response SLA that starts running when the issue is created that is tied to your desk hours.

This filter:

"Response Time" != withinCalendarHours()

Will find any requests raised outside of the regular hours. 

Hope that helps...Susan

Nir Malchy April 7, 2020

I use the "Standard Support 8-5 Calendar"
It is Monday to Friday 8:00 - 17:00
I know my SLA works
However, when I create a nw ticket at 19:00 I get
Status is "NOT EXECUTED"
Issue matches:
"Time to first response" != withinCalendarHours() is failing
I include Screenshots:

Can you please help my figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

SLA.pngAutomation.pngLOG.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events