Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addon for version 7.13.11

whtan December 18, 2019

Hi All ,

If i have addon eg:  "automation for Jira "  install on jira software 7.13.11 and now wants to upgrade to ver 8.6 . can the add on work on ver 8.6 if so what is the steps  ?  Perform a back up and install and reinstall the add on ? 

2 answers

1 vote
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

I’d recommend doing a compatibility check to see if that version works. You don’t need to reinstall, more then likely just upgrade the add on

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/preparing-for-the-upgrade-966063325.html

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

Welcome to the community!

whtan December 18, 2019

thanks edwin . just do a search the addon  i had is valid only for up till 8.5

Like edwin vasquez likes this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2019

That’s great to hear. I’m glad all is well. If this answered your questioned, please mark it as answered.  🙂

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2019

Hi @whtan 

You should visit the Atlassian Marketplace, search for the add-on whose compatibility you want to verify and then check if the add-on is compatible with the Jira version to which you want to upgrade.

For example, in the below screenshot you can see that Automation for Jira is compatible with Jira 7.7.0 to Jira 8.5.2 and is not compatible with Jira 8.6.

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 12.30.20 PM.png

After verifying the compatibility if the addon is not compatible with the version of Jira to which you wish to upgrade, you can request the vendor of the add-on for a compatible version.

whtan December 18, 2019

thanks deepan  do we still need to pay for the compatible version ? 

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2019

If you have active support for your current license, you do not need to pay any additional amount to upgrade to latest versions.

However, if the support for your license has expired, please contact the support team of the add-on to verify if you can upgrade to latest versions or not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events