Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding variable value to Customer Notification

Ivo Rodrigues May 14, 2019

Hi all,

I've created a new field called Support Group that is differentiating my incidents inside a project as each different option in the Portal for this Project will be dealt with different teams.

Now when creating a new incident I would like to send an alert via email to the correct team. the solution that I found was to add the group in the Issue Created Notification.

But this is sending to everybody.

I found that I can edit the email templates, so one way for the team to quickly identify if the incident is for them or not is by adding the new field.

Is this even possible? or anyone knows other option that can help me out.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ivo

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2019

Hi @Ivo Rodrigues ,

The Customer Notifications are separate from the Jira Notifications. (They're meant for customers rather than internal teams)

There aren't really ways to do this exactly how you want out of the box, but plugins such as Automation for Jira, Scriptrunner, JEMH, Email this Issue, etc should be able to handle it.

A workaround you could use is to set up an automation rule in your service desk that comments and tags the users of Team A if that team is selected in the field.

Ivo Rodrigues May 17, 2019

Thank you Michael,

It was very helpful, the workaround i found it some days ago :) and will probably use it and study the possibility of a plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events