Adding editable fields in the customer portal

michelvankoekenberg November 23, 2017

Hi,

I am using the customer service portal and add issues works fine for our customers.

Working with them is harder since they can only have read access. I want them to edit the priority or change the summary or edit comments but i cant seem to find it.

Cheers,

Michel

1 answer

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2017

Hi, Michel.
Due to Service Desk and JIRA design, it's only possible for Agents or other JIRA users to edit fields. Since customers should not have access to your instance (Besides the Customer Portal) as they are the ones who are reporting issues, they should not proceed with such operations (Edit fields). 

What you can do is create a request type in your Service Desk configuration as something like "Field Suggestion" in order to provide customers the ability to describe why a new field would be important, so you can discuss this internally and apply it or not.

Marek Gwozdz January 11, 2018

Service desk design don't have anything to just give possibility to edit one or two fields to user.

there are a few tickets on  already for many years. 

"...  in order to provide customers the ability to describe why a new field would be important,"

what to discuss??? a little bit imagination. 

Like # people like this
Jens Ilschner June 9, 2018

I agree with Marek's statements. E.g. Priorities may change on customer side.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events