Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding customers to service desk that are not jira users

Berglind Rós Guðmundsdóttir September 21, 2015

I'm trying to set up my service desk so that customers only have access to the portal and not to the standard JIRA functionality.

I've created the user, un-checked the JIRA checkbox (which removed the jira-users default group), and added a group specifically for the customer access.

The service desk is using the standard JIRA Service Desk permissions, with the three project roles Administrators, Service Desk Team and Service Desk Customers, and I've added the group to the Service Desk Customers role.

I've made sure the project grants all the necessary permissions to the "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" role.

I've added the group to the global project role "Service Desk Customers".

I can log in as this user, but when I try to access the portal I get the error "You do not have permission to view this Portal". Any ideas what I could be missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Berglind Rós Guðmundsdóttir September 22, 2015

Hi Paulo and thanks for the reply. 

I'm actually a bit confused regarding the versions, I believed this was the agent based version but there is no Customers tab under People, only the project roles. I'm unable to attach a screenshot, but in the Service Desk view I have Queues, People, and Reports on the left hand side. When I select People, the main panel shows a table with Project Roles and under there are listed Administrators, Service Desk Team, and Service Desk Customers. I've added to the Service Desk Customers role both the group that the user is in, and the user himself explicitly.

Edit: I've been informed that we are still on 1.0 license and in that case this functionality is not available, so that explains it smile

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2015

Hello Berglind,

May I know if you are using the second JIRA Service Desk version (Agent based)? If so, you only need to go to your customers tab (JIRA Service Desk Project > People > Customers) and invite this customer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events