Adding custom script for custom field in Service Desk to validate value

Syed Tahmim Islam January 4, 2018

Hi,

I created a custom field in Service Desk. My customer will insert some unique value in this field while creating a ticket in service desk.

I want to add custom script for this custom field. I will use this field to verify its value through a 3rd party API. I have the code but I don't know where to add this custom script for the custom field.

<script>
$(document).on('click', '.aui-button.aui-button-primary', function (e) {
$.ajax({
url: API_URL
dataType: "json",
method: 'post',
data: {
'action': ENVATO_API,
'value': API_KEY
},
success: function (data) {
if (data.success) {
return true;
} else {
return false;
console.log('Invalid envato key')
}
},
error: function (errorThrown) {
console.log(errorThrown);
}
});
})
</script>

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Hello,

I think you should use Adaptivist ScriptRunner.  There are behaviours for customer portals. You will be able to attach such a behaviour to your field  and do rest calls within the behaviour. You can find more information here

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-servicedesk.html#_example

Syed Tahmim Islam January 5, 2018

Hi,

I think I need to install the behaviours plugin but it seems like it's not available for cloud Jira. It's only available for hosted Jira.

If so is there any other way to accomplish my goal?

Thanks

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

It is impossible to add custom javascript to Cloud. I guess you can not accomplish what you want to do.

Syed Tahmim Islam January 5, 2018

Thank you for quick response.

Carla Dumale November 8, 2018

Hello, is the issue resolved? I also want to add script in my custom field but I don't know where to add. I'm also using JIRA Cloud

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events