Adding a user to Help Desk topic that was created by an Agent

I have created an issue for a user who contacted us through email. After a few emails, I summarized his issue and created a Help Desk topic for them.

Since I created the issue as an Agent, (although the user is the reporter), when the user logs in they are unable to see or search for the case.

How do I add this user to the case so they can track and see the comments made? I hope I haven't overlooked something small.

2 answers

You should be able to update the reporter field to the customer.   The latest service desk gives the agent the ability to update the field through the portal as well.

The reporter field already has the users email. If I remove the email and try to use the user name, the user name doesn't appear as a registered user, although the email is in our user list. Very odd.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

37,699 views 13 40
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you