Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Menu and Sub-Menus for tickets in Jira Helpdesk.

Jaime_Hernandez March 18, 2019

I am new to Jira Helpdesk coming from ConnectWise. I had Menus and Sub-Menus in ConnectWise to put the ticket in those categories so in the end it was easier to create reports and see what our main issues are in the company. Can anyone help me on how to create Menus to put my tickets in those Menus for example "Applications" it can have sub-menus of programs we use in our company. 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2019

Hi Jaime and welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for further clarification, can you please let us know if those categories were set directly in the ticket? If you still have access to ConnectWise, would it be possible to send us a screenshot of those fields?
For now, without seeing how it looks on ConnectWise, I believe you can use custom fields (that you can add the name "Category") or also name the Request types based on each category.
Adding, editing, and deleting a custom field
Create service desk request types

Regards,
Angélica

Jaime_Hernandez April 3, 2019

No more access to ConnetWise. But I see that on Jira Service Desk we have the option of Components and Labels. I figured out how to add Components but how can I create or edit Labels for Jira Service Desk?

Also, when creating Reports, how can I create reports by Organization since we have two teams in our company that take care of tickets. One is an internal company and an external company so I would like to create Reports comparing how many tickets one Organization closed vs the other Organization. Can you help me create this please

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2019

Currently, it's not possible to edit labels, we have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67988

For the reports, you will create a report with two series, one for each organization. Then as you will choose the series "Resolved", it will show the tickets resolved for each organization.

Screenshot 2019-04-08_15-47-47.png

Regards,
Angélica

Jaime_Hernandez April 11, 2019

Thank you Angélica, I have created a report and I have 1 Assignee per Series. But when I enter the 3 total Assignee which means I did 3 series,  then all of the Series display the same amount of tickets Resolved. How I did the Series is:

Series - Resolved

Label - "I typed the name of the Assignee I wanted"

Filter by - ( I typed  Assignee = "Anthony Romero") 

All of the 3 series I created display the same amount of tickets resolved which is 3. This info is not correct as each Assignee has different amount of tickets resolved. What am I doing wrong?

Also, how can I just create 1 series with the 3 assignee's at once, can I do this?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 15, 2019

Hi Jaime,

I created a report using the same steps as you and it works correctly.
I closed the tickets for three different assignees and added each one as a series:

Screenshot 2019-04-15_10-21-30.png

Screenshot 2019-04-15_10-20-27.png

To create only one series with all assignees you must use:
assignee in(user1, user2, user3)

Actually, you can do this to test, after adding three series, one for each assignee, add this one that will sum all resolved tickets and confirm if it will show the correct number.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events