It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding Service Desk Users Without Them Having to Setup their account?

We are working with businesses as clients and for whatever reason they just don't want to setup their account. 

In order to facilitate adoption, we would like to just be able to give them an email that says "We've added your email to our service desk and here is your password" 

Do we have a way to do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jan 31, 2018

Daniel,

Sending an email containing a password is a poor security practice.  Since this is the case there is no functionality provided within the delivered Atlassian products that will perform that function.  If you were to create your own application you could use the Jira API to create the account https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/#api-api-2-user-post.  Your application could then send the email with the password to the customer.   I would recommend against this as the password would be sent in plain text via email.

Hey Brant, 

I can't use the API with JSD Cloud right? 

The REST API is available to Cloud.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jan 31, 2018

As Nic stated it is available and documentation can be found here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/

Once again, the best practice would be to have users setup their own password using the Atlassian software. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

298 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you