Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding 'Feature Request' type in JSD and Jira - Workflow suggestions?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

Hi all,

I need to create a 'Feature Request' issue type in our JSD and link it to a Feature Request type in Jira Software.

1. The PO will review the Feature Request in Jira software and based on a decision, the feature will either be rejected or approved for work.
  2. What could be a good starting point for a workflow in JSD for a Feature Request type?
  3. How do you use the 'Approve' function in Jira Software for a Feature Request type?
  4. Would it be better to link a Feature Request to a Story? or to a Feature Request issue in Jira software?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

Hello Gil,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

In order to create a workflow for Feature Request, you can use our workflow as an example. You can go to jira.atlassian.com and check the workflow of the features for JSDCLOUD. 

Screenshot 2019-12-10_16-02-06-502.png

In regards to approval, this is currently only available for JSD classic projects. We have a feature suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

For your use case, I believe that the best option would be to approve the feature in Service Desk and if approved, it’s possible to create a linked issue in Jira Software. The developer can access the SD ticket without a license. The project admin just needs to add them in the role “Developers” and then will be able to see the SD ticket and add internal comments.

Regards,
Angélica

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz 

thanks for the reply.

I cannot access the site you mentioned to view the workflow. However, I was able to adapt a workflow based and the screenshot you provided.

I'm using JSD classic project and I'm able to add approval to the workflow.

The only problem is the approver field is visible on the customer portal.

Thanks.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2019

Approvals will be visible in the customer portal and customers will know that it’s pending.

I see that you created a ticket about it and they created a feature request suggesting the option to hide this information from the portal:

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2019

Yes. I strongly believe that owners of JSD projects should have granular control over what is visible or hidden for their customers. This shouldn't be a decision of Atlassian.

JSD owners buy a solution to a problem. It has to be flexible enough to allow solving a multitude of problems. Allowing to design what's visible and what not isn't considererd a difficult problem to solve.

One can understand that it's not a high priority problem to solve, but given that JSD exists for quite some time, it's expected to have the solution to control the customer portal form, as this is part of JSD solution. JSD and customer portal feel so disjointed as if separate teams with communication problems were working on this dodgy solution.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events