Adding Email CCs to request participants

Aljoscha Börsch May 7, 2018

Hi,

We are using Jira Service Desk and JEMH and are trying to use emails as a primary source for our tickets. JEMH handles outgoing emails, JSD incoming. We want the CCs in the email to be request participants. They can be both existing customer emails and not existing customers in CC. From what I have read that should be the default behavior already, but right now the CC information is not saved or used at all.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Aljoscha Börsch May 14, 2018

The issue was not related to JEMH. It was caused by the Customer permission limiting the users to share the requests only with their organization. It needed to be "Any customer, by typing an email adress"

1 vote
Gabriela Campoverde July 10, 2019

What version of service desk are you using? I am trying to solve this issue for my team and do not see the addressee handling field.

0 votes
Deleted user May 8, 2018

Hello,

Within your JEMH Profile -> Email -> Addressee Processing there is a field entitled: Addressee Handling
Please can you select the option 'toJSDRequestParticipants' from the list and save this change?

After this change, you should see CCs being added to the Request Participants.

However, please bear in mind that the Request Participants field can only accept users.
As this is the case, you may want to turn on Create Users within the Users section of your JEMH Profile to ensure all your customers have a user.

If you experience any problems with this functionality, please do not hesitate to open a Support Issue with The Plugin People for further assistance.

Thank you,
Elliot

Gabriela Campoverde July 10, 2019

What version of service desk are you using? I am trying to solve this issue for my team and do not see the addressee handling field.

Martin Ferreira April 4, 2022

This solution worked for me. It was initially configured to put the CC value in the Watchers field instead of the requests participants one, this was causing users to not have their request shared with others.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events