It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding Customers

Has anyone experienced issues while adding customers to an organization?  Whenever we send an invite from the cloud, the customers are not receiving the invitation link.  PLEASE HELP because Atlassian support is not responsive AT ALL!!

1 answer

0 votes

If you've been in touch with Atlassian support, then I expect that they will have checked that the emails are going out.  Is that the case?  If so, then you'll need to look at why the customer's servers are not accepting or passing them on.

Obviously, that is the expectation but it shouldn't take a week to respond to a query.  Also, the issue is not with the customer servers, as we have tested with our own environment, yahoo and gmail IDs.

I'm not qualified to talk about Atlassian's support on Cloud, I don't use it, as most of the stuff I do is server.  I've always found them responsive and helpful with server.

So, are you saying that they have confirmed that the emails are being sent out ok by Cloud, or not?

I've had the same issue with cloud!

Did you find a resolution?  

No.  It works for some email addresses and not others.  I think I've just resorted to sending the URL and having them sign in that way, but it is NOT an ideal situation.

Got you! We've setup custom email addresses for each client BUT our agents are not getting notifications when there are new tickets.  

Thanks Stephanie

We toyed with setting up custom emails and have decided not to go this route for that exact reason.  I'm pushing clients to the website, I am just not sure I'm setting that up as efficiently as I could.    Have you done that?

The portal and custom email are available in the customer channel, however, our biggest concern being notified of a new ticket or changes to an existing ticket, which is not happening.

When there's a new ticket in your JSD, how are you being notified?  Do you randomly check on a daily basis?  We have SLAs in place so time will be of the essence.

Stephanie - after much digging, I was able to figure out the issue.  All of our projects (internal/external) are under the default notification scheme.  What you'll need to do is create a new notification scheme --> add your external projects then set your groups to that project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

330 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you