Add request name to issue

Henriette Bossen December 6, 2017

We have created several different request types, to fit different needs. When the user creates an issue, and afterwards views it in the portal, they are not able to see the name of the request type. They can only see the fields they have filled out. How can I make the name of the request type visible in the portal?

I have tried adding a field, and hide it, so that I can preset a value. But of course that is hidden to the user. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

Hi Henriette,

It's true that only the icon shows in the request view not the actual name.  I'm surprised that a tool tip doesn't even seem to work.  There is an issue raised for this that you might want to vote on.  JSDCLOUD-4803

Interestingly in the my requests view, if you hover over the icon, the request name will be displayed.

Not sure that helps. 

Henriette Bossen December 10, 2017

I hadn't noticed the hovering, thank you for letting me know. 

The issue you refer to is exactly what I need, hopefully it will be implemented one day. For kow, I think the solution will be to ask the reporter for a short title. 

Thank you for your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events