Add custom page in JIRA Service Desk

Ravinderjit Singh Jassal November 15, 2017

Hi,

I would like to ask if its possible to add a custom page in JIRA Service Desk. Idea is to create a page from where users would be able to download our builds.

Is it possible to do this in JIRA Service Desk ?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2017

You could handle this as a confluence knowledge base article. However, you would want to have links on the KB page to another location/server where the images are stored. I would not store SW releases on confluence server.  The advantage of this is that, if needed you could add a login page to restrict what customer gets access to what images. 

Ravinderjit Singh Jassal November 16, 2017

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the answer.

Regards.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Ravinderjit,

You won't be able to create a whole new page in Service Desk, but I would recommend taking advantage of our Announcements option.

Have a look here, as it shows you how to add an announcement either to your Help Center or the Portal:

Adding Announcements to Service Desk

You can include links here.

Otherwise I would recommend creating your page in Confluence, and making that page public. You would essentially need to make the entire space public and then lock down the individual pages within the space that you do not want to be public.

Do let me know if you have any questions about any of this!

Kind Regards,
Shannon 

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the answer.

Further query regarding Confluence (public space). Would it be possible to make that page accessible only to users of JIRA Service Desk, instead of making it public ?

Thanks.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Ravinderjit,

Sorry for the delay. I was testing this out on my own instance first. To allow access to your Service Desk Customers to your Confluence Space, you want to first link it. Review Serving customers with a knowledge base in addition to my following instructions for detailed information.

1. Go to the Service Desk project in Jira, and at the bottom, click Project Settings.
  2. Click Knowledge base on the left-hand bar.
  3. Click Link to a Confluence space. Link to the desired space that you want all of your Service Desk customers to be able to see.
  4. Make sure All active users and customers can access the knowledge base without a Confluence license is selected. 
  5. Now, you can create a page in that Confluence space with your downloads. I would even recommend linking to the space itself (not your Confluence root) in your Service Desk Announcement area that I mentioned earlier.
  6. If a Service Desk customer starts to search for something from the Customer Portal, it will suggest pages in the Confluence Space based on their query.
  7. If they attempt to click on an article here, it will ask them to login to Confluence. they can do so here with their regular Service Desk Customer login.
  8. If they access the space directly, they will also be prompted to login and can do so.
  9. Note: if the user goes straight to your Confluence root, they will be denied access.

I hope this is clear, but if you have any doubts at all, please let me know!

Kind regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Regards,

Ravinderjit

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events