Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add comments without workflow changes

Javier Alvarez July 17, 2017

I'd like to add comments for the customer without status be automatically changed to "Waiting for customer". For example to notify the status of I request I'm still working on. Is it possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Ok...now I understand. Thank you for clarifying!

So assuming you are using the 'out-of-the-box' workflow, what you need to do is to ensure that you are not using the "Respond to customer" button but rather simply add a comment and "Share with customer". This leaves the status in tact.

Hope this works for you.

BTW...an extra tip here... If you are using SLAs and the team is being measured, I sugest adding an 'on order' status to your workflow and have the SLA pause during this time.

If I do that, the issue status is changed too. I see that in Automation there is a rule called "Transition on comment" that seems to implement that behavior (screenshot attached). Should I modify or remove it?

Your tip seems useful, I'll try to do that for sure!Screenshot_20170717_155418.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Yes you will want to change the automation to match your desire. Here is one I have....

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2017

Javier,

I'm not quite sure I'm following your question. Could you try to restate the question? Are you trying to cause an automatic notification to the customer? If so under what condition. Or, are you trying to automatically transition an issue based upon a comment?

Hello Jack,

I mean a comment that I send to the customer to notify on the progress of his request.

For example a customer request a new device, I buy it online and then add a comment to notify the customer that it's on the way. In this case, I don't want the status to change to "Waiting for customer", since there is no action required from the customer. The device will arrive to me, and then I'll give it to the customer and close the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events