Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add comment to when linked issue transitioned not working

Stephen Letch January 22, 2019

Hi

I'm testing our JSD ahead of rollout and using the built in JSD automation and even the built in template of add a comment when linked issue is transitioned and checking the log. The automation is never triggered stating the link type is never met. This is simply not the case, I even tried doubling up by making one IF for is caused by and an ELSE IF for causes.

Transitioned both a few times and no comments because it apparently never meets the criteria.

Untitled.png

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

We will need more info to help figure it out. I would start with screenshots of the before and after transition of the issue you expect to trigger the action and of the issue that is to get commented on.

Ok so.

Here's the automation

linkedissueautomation.PNG

Here's ticket 1

Ticket 1.PNG

Here's ticket 2

Ticket 2.PNG

I've transitioned both tickets just to rule out me having the link the wrong way round from how I want it to act but no matter what, neither of them triggers automation.

HOWEVER, creating the equivalent post function using scriptrunner actually works fine

scriptrunner equivalent working.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

so your automation has "Linked issue matches: resolution is not empty". In the screenshot the Resolution is in fact empty (unresolved = empty). Maybe you mean "resolution IS Empty"?

DOH, you know it was, I was seeing the X thinking that was a checkmark as in it meets the criteria :D

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2019

it happens, a second set of eyes always helps! :-)

please consider clicking "accept answer" so it closes this thread out.

I will, one last thing though, doesn't look like the template that's sent through is editable anywhere? Obv it accepts whatever plane text comment you put into the automation, but it would be nice if it added some variables like the resolution of the linked issue if it was set. Or even the last comment

automationcomment.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2019

that would be nice but AFAIK it isn't available in the native automation. There is an addon I use that provides variables - Automation for Jira and there is a free lite version that provides up to 300 automations/month. You might want to have a look.

Yeh Automation is my jam, used it in the last couple places, more I try use Scriptrunner the more I'm drawn Automation for Jira as it's just so user friendly.

0 votes
Deleted user January 22, 2019

Hi @Stephen Letch,

As per the screenshot, the automation is not executed. Make necessary changes to the automation depends on your requirements and go through the documentation Automating your service desk page for your reference. Make sure you have linking is done in the correct direction. Here am providing the example automation screenshot for your reference.

Issue-1.png

Issue-2.png

Automation.png

Regards,
Kishore Kumar Gangavath.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events