Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to the Confluence without providing access to the Jira Service Desk portal

Олег Евтеев December 22, 2017

Hello, dear team!

I need to give the customers access to the Confluence without providing access to the Jira Service Desk portal. Is this possible? Can you rovide solution, step by step?

Many thanks,

Oleg

2 answers

1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Hi Bryan,

Please vote for this issue JSDCLOUD-4901 and related issues.  this is something we too want.

Cheers

Susan

OK, I got it.

Many thanks

0 votes
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

You would just need to add that user to the confluence-users group in your Confluence instance. Then give them the URL to your Confluence instance.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2017

But I expect @Олег Евтеев would want to take some extra steps to not provide customers full access to Confluence. If that is the case it would be good to create a specific group to restrict access. And of course the specified customers fall into the paid category now.

Then I have to convert the customer to Atlassian. account.  I have more than 200 customers and I do not want to buy additional licenses for them. Other ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events