Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to issues

Dan Rosager April 15, 2019

Hi,

I'm setting up a help desk portal for our users, and I've run into some problems with limiting the access to specific requests.

Right now I have three requests in our portal:

IT-support

HR - New Employee

HR - Employee Exit

I basically want to restrict the access to the HR requests to only one of my users, while the general IT-support request is accessible for everybody.

I have set up a Issue Security Scheme for our help desk project, and added the HR colleague, my boss and myself, but I haven't figured out how to apply it to the above mentioned requests. So for now everybody can create all requests, but are met with a message about restricted access.

So what to do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hi Dan,

When we create a service desk project and add customers to the project, they will be able to access all request types that are visible in the customer portal. The issue security is not able to limit the access for each request type.
In this case, the better option would be having a project for HR and a project for IT, then you will be able to choose who will have access to create tickets.

We have a feature request about security for request types:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-195
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Dan Rosager April 16, 2019

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for the answer. It just seems a bit counterproductive having to manage two projects, when it, in my opinion, is just a matter of being able to assign security schemes to specific issues, requests etc.

I guess I have to live with it until Atlassian, hopefully, decides to make it a bit easier to manage :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events