Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acces to Project and Issues from Jira Service Desk for developers from Jira Software.

Marius Abalaru February 1, 2019

I Hello.

We have the follow licenses for Jira:

SEN-xxxxx - Jira Software (Server) 10 Users: Starter License

SEN-xxxxxx - Jira Service Desk (Server) 3 Agents: Starter License

installed on different machine and  I linked Jira Service Desk  to Jira Software.

I have users define in both application with the same username

I want give acces to Project and Issues from Jira Service Desk  for developers from Jira Software. I find on your site that is possible without need licenese for developers in Jira Service Desk:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html?_ga=2.30950396.218880159.1548859681-717687986.1548256179 - section Involve Jira Software or Jira Core users

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/collaborate-with-other-jira-teams-on-jira-service-desk-issues-930022007.html

But I have not succeeded.

I did all the setting from links above but the developers from Jira Software don't see the Project and Issues from Jira Service Desk only if I give access in  Aplication access to JIRA Service Desk but this action leads to exceeding maximum allowed license in  Jira Service Desk

I find another link but information it is no longer valid:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/archives/collaborate-developers-using-jira-service-desk?_ga=2.68710226.218880159.1548859681-717687986.1548256179

Please help me.

Thank you.

P.S.: Please put in email conversation Calin Virgil MAIER xxxxxxxxxxxx the primary billing and technical contact from this account

2 answers

0 votes
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2019

Hi @Marius Abalaru and welcome!

The documentation for JSD and JSW server versions are written with the expectation that both products are installed on the same server.  I endorse Jack's instructions for combining the instances, although I recommend doing a project restore in step 3, not a full restore as a project restore will keep your current JSW configuration intact.

Once there, it's a simple matter of allowing the appropriate users and groups to browse each JSD project through the Users and Roles screen for it.

Hope these answers are helpful and if so, please consider clicking the "Accept Answer" button so others benefit from the "answered" flag in their search results - thanks!

~~Larry Brock

Marius Abalaru February 4, 2019

Hi Larry.

Thank you very much for info.

Please give me more details about " I recommend doing a project restore in step 3, not a full restore as a project restore will keep your current JSW configuration intact."

How do backup and restore for JSD?

I want put JSW on server with JSD, it's possibly?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2019

@Marius Abalaru, I have edited out confidential info in you post given this is a public forum. 

Is there a reason that you have installed JSW on a different server? Ideally you should run JSW as an application on the existing instance.

Marius Abalaru February 1, 2019

OK, thanks for edited.

OK ideaally :) but in my situation what can be done?

In situation that I move JSW and JSD on de same server how unify those two database?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2019

I have not done this myself so my best recommendation is to search the Community and atlassian documentation for details. I know there are more than a few documents/threads on this. As best I recall from my readings, it would go something like this:

1. install JSD on your JSW instance
  2. backup your JSD instance
  3. restore your backup to the JSW/JSD instance

I will ping other champions that might have direct experience and have them comment here.

Marius Abalaru February 4, 2019

Hi Jack

Thank you very much.

How do backup and restore for JSD?

I want put JSW on server with JSD, it's possibly?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events